Questions to ask when acquiring a business – 1
Mailshot – Dec 5th 2012
We at Swiss Mergers and Acquisitions have a proven track record in successfully buying and selling companies across a wide range of differing sectors and sizes. We have founded businesses ourselves so we know the pressures on owners when it comes to sell a business. Whether you have clients who are a small family-run business, an International company or company adviser, we are always interested in discussing their M and A needs.
Questions to ask when acquiring a business
The following questions should be a pre-requisite to every acquisition – questions to ask before and after acquiring a business:
– What motivates them?
– What ideas for improvement do they have?
– What training would be appropriate to improve productivity?
– What decision could be made right now, to make their jobs easier?
– Why do our current customers use us?
– Can we offer anything extra to them?
– Can/should our prices be raised?
– What is the least efficient process in the company?
– How effective are the IT systems
– Does the company have an effective web presence?
– What advantage do they have over competitors?
– What opportunity are they under exploiting?
– Have they a clear market niche?
– Are they focused?
– Should they move away from certain types of customer?
– What free advertising resources can we take advantage of?
– Are there any synergistic partnerships we could make?
– How can cash flow be improved?
– Should I consider factoring?
– Where are they wasting money?